Friday 25 January 2008

VIP treatment

Spending 18 yrs of my life in Delhi made sure that I had witnessed VIP treatments at their best and especially when it came to VIPs traveling around the city. Given Delhi traffic jams, everyone wishes that they had a colored light on their vehicle and a siren to sift through the busiest roads of the capital in a jiffy. It was always great to imagine how vehicles on the road would move aside to give way to your vehicle as if you own the road.
I never thought one day I will get a preferential treatment on Delhi roads...it was a cold winter afternoon in Delhi and I had to travel to southern part of the city from my locality with my father...I gave a call to the respective agency and a vehicle was available at my disposable in matter of 10 mins. Soon we were off on the road and traveling on the busy Delhi roads. No surprise that the traffic was heavy and blocking at major roads on our way to the destination. However, this time around our vehicle had the light and the siren which demanded authoritatively for the space on the road on preferential basis; traffic signals were not for us and we did take few wrong turns as well to make shortcuts...and no questions were asked; no rules broken...I remember looking outside of the vehicle and watching the look on the face of various people stuck in a usual traffic jam...they gave us the way and watched us pass by....in a matter of 40 mins we had traveled around 25 kms on busy traffic jammed roads of Delhi as we reached our destinations... As the vehicle stopped, the people already waiting for us flung open the doors brought in a stretcher for my dad and soon he was taken into the emergency ward of the hospital...as a kid I did wish for VIP treatment on Delhi road but this was something I really did not ask for...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.