Saturday 17 March 2007

Usual Weekday Morning

its 7:15 a.m. my alarm is ringing and i hear its cry from some miles away...i m somewhere in my dreams...n i want to keep it that way...but somewhere inside me its written with invisible ink that YOU NEED TO BE IN OFFICE BY 9...another day, lot of things to be taken care of...everything zipping through the mind in a nano sec....and the large cry from the far comes again and somehow it is louder and the source has somehow come closer to my ears and my mind...and for once i want to crush the noise..but then inner voice shouts it loud again...YOU NEED TO BE IN OFFICE BY 9...and i hate it...it is 7:30, i still wonder how come the time moves so fast on a weekday morning...i thought it was nano sec and somehow earth started rotating so fast that 15 min hv passed by....from half sleep i ask my flat mate to get up...n start getting ready...he replies from his bed...(i knw he is also going through the same weekday morning trauma)...."Its your turn today, you go in first"...i try to search for a damn reason so that i can push my flatmate to get up n get ready so that i can hv an excuse to sleep for 20 more minutes...but my silly brain is dead as usual in the morning and can't think of any excuse...so finally i request my flatmate to go in first and promise that tommorrow i will go first...dunno why he agrees but he does and somehow i get 20 more mins of pleasure....but wats this in 20 secs i hear from my roomie that he is done n i should go in...guess earth is still rotating fast, very fast...i gather up all my strength and courage to get up...finally...i am able to get up...my eyes are still closed...somehow i manage to reach the bathroom...as soon as i reach there i become very active...realising that its already 8:05...for next 15 min i use my superhuman capabilities to turn a zombie that went in into a human with some hangover of last night's drink....its 8:20 now...dnt hv time to iron my clothes and i m lazy enuf not to keep them ready...so i put on a pullover...and i rush for office in pretty casual ware...but i say to myself every1 else also goes thru the same thing every morning so they understand this pretty well....8:30 i m ready n i m rushing to catch the shuttle that will take me to office....as i reach the junction, the place from where i catch the shuttle, i find out a long queue of ppl waiting for the shuttle...i knw i hv to be a bit ill-mannered and break the Q in case i want to attend the call at 9...but it seems every1 has a call at 9 and then i watch the shuttle to get full in my eyes...n leave for office...m left behind waiting for the next shuttle to come in...this time i m officially number 2 in the Q and i m gonna get this ride....meanwhile i ask my colleague who caught the previous shuttle to connect me to the call...thanks that mobile phones happened...otherwise i was screwed big time...finally its a gud morning...i take the call while travelling...and reach office at 9:10...i say to myself hey i we can be in by 9.30 so its cool i m 20 min early...n nyways i hv met my official obligations so chill...then so much things starts happening in office that we forget everything else but wrk...n the day continues as usual.....

No comments: